Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Exclusive! Seasons Beatings Bell and Lowe Set Sights on December ROF

Seasons Beatings

Bell and Lowe set sights on December ROF

By Liz Solano CFL Publicity department

November 22, 2011 Pueblo, CO- Tis’ the season, the familiar smells of cider, pumpkin and spices fill the air. Thoughts of family, food and the impending sound of both ringing registers and jingle bells heralding the arrival of December. And while Santa’s proverbial elves are hard at work preparing for their 4th quarter overtime rush so too are Mixed Martial Artists Donnie Bell and Jered Lowe who will make their respective debuts at Ring of Fire December 17th in Denver. The PWIA/Roughhouse veterans, both since displaced to other cities around the U.S are ready to return and hammer home their indelible mark on this Happy Holiday season.

Captain America
Jered Lowe Returns Home


For US Marine Corporal Jered Lowe serving up an ass whooping comes as natural as serving his country. The 21 year old from Southern Colorado has garnered an unblemished amateur record of 5-0 fighting both at home and abroad. A proud member of the US Marine Corp Fight team Jered was featured in Marine Magazine and recently returned from competition in Beijing China where he bested local favorite Wang Peng in under a minute. And while barely of legal age to drink, Lowe fights with an unmatched resolve and wisdom well beyond his 21 years. However, at Ring of Fire December 17th he will need every tool in his soldier arsenal to take on Grudges highly touted Cody Mumma for the Young Guns 205 lb. strap.


CFL: Jered, tell us about some of your accomplishments it’s been a hectic 2 years for you.

JL: (“laughing”) Yeah well, where do I start? I recently got married to my wife Emmie who is home in Pueblo. I am originally from Lamar Colorado and have been fighting since I joined the Marines. I just got back from fighting overseas in China which was a huge honor for me as an amateur. I am the current 205 lb. CFL champ, and am now 5-0.

CFL: Wow sounds like you have been busy, who are you training with?

JL: It’s a combination, when I am here in San Diego I train with the Marines at The Compound and Bellator vet Sean Loeffler he's been great and guides me a lot out here. When I’m home, I train with the coaches and guys from PWIA and Roughhouse they have been with me since day one.

CFL: Any thoughts of going pro?
JL: Coach Gabe and my coaches here have talked to me about it. I’ll probably go pro sometime next year but I’m not in a huge hurry I want to be battle ready when that day comes.

CFL: So, Ring of Fire one of the biggest cards around are you excited? What do you know about your opponent?

JL: Just that he’s a strong wrestler big and hulked up. And yeah, I’m always excited when I get to fight at home and especially on a big card like ROF. As for game plan, I just work hard and prepare myself for whatever comes and let my coach’s map out the strategy they think would be best. Hopefully, if I show well and win this title the promotion will continue to give me opportunities because it’s the show guys like Duane Ludwig, Nate Mardquart and a lot of those guys got their start on.

CFL: Well, looks like you know exactly which direction you want to go any shout outs or last words?

JL: Of course! My Sponsors: Columbine Chateau, Inkd Out and Wicked Rigs. Conquest MMA, “Take a Nap” clothing and PWIA/Roughhouse. “Big” Sean Loeffler and the crew. My friends, family and wife Emmie. And most of all God and my brothers serving in the US Military.
Thanks for having me!

Hitman for Hire
The “Other” Donnie Bell has a hitlist


In the blockbuster movie The Bourne Identity, our hero played by Matt Damon is an ex-CIA agent who due to a failed asassination attempt develops amnesia. And while possibly not as dramatic a situation, a similar twist of mistaken identity hits close to home for ROF competitor Donnie “The Bomber” Bell. “There is another Donnie Bell who fights out of Colorado.” states the fighter, his soft spoken Texas drawl ever apparent. “That Donnie who fights at heavyweight is older, I fight at 155 and he is not a pro so we always have to be clear when talking to promoters.” Similar in name only, “This “Hitman” Donnie Bell is 155 lbs of solid muscle with a strong wrestling pedigree and extensive early mixed martial arts resume. He will face the daunting task of taking on unbeaten wrestling prodigy and Grudge product Justin Gaethje at Ring of Fire Young Guns Dec 17th. We caught up to Donnie recently who despite making his home in Grand Prairie Texas, has ties to the PWIA Roughhouse fight camp in Colorado often employing their support for cornering strategy or for pre-bout preparation. Here’s what Donnie had to say:

CFL: Does it bother you when people mix you up with the other Donnie?

DB: Not really it is just a detail that we try to warn promoters about beforehand it takes an extra step in the process of negotiating a fight. Especially if their wondering how I can cut to 55 from heavyweight.

CFL: You have been on a tear as of late Donnie tell us about your training regimen:

DB: Well I don’t like excuses and never want to think that others may be training harder than me. I try to stay in the gym and the staff at Metro Flex sports science in Arlington always pushes me to the next level. I’m blessed to have a great training gym in The Fury MMA with good coaches and partners, and I am bringing in the folks from Roughhouse up in Colorado again for this camp. I haven’t had the chance to work with Gabe and Donnie since we fought and won on the Jacksons series and they can benefit me a lot for this fight.


CFL: Tell us about how you see this fight going?

DB: I know he’s a real good wrestler and that’s obviously something he’s going to rely on, but I always believe that people change and adapt especially a gym like Grudge so I am preparing for wherever he would like to take it. I do me, have a lot of faith in myself my training and god and that gives me the strength I need to push the limits every time I train.

CFL: So this being Ring of Fire is a big step for you Donnie what’s next?

DB: I take it fight by fight and remain humble so I don’t get caught up looking past the guy in front of me..

CFL: Thanks for taking the time who would you like to thank?

DB: My friends and family who support me, my mom Sharon, Metro-Flex, F.W. and Team the Fury. All of my training partners, coaches and management, Will Florentino, Gabe, Donnie Liles and Colorado Fam, Ring of Fire and God without whom nothing is possible.

1 comment:

  1. Impressive and powerful suggestion by the author of this blog are really helpful to me. Mma Fitness Class

    ReplyDelete